Formation of the Diabetic Nephropathy Club
Diabetic nephropathy is one of the important complications of diabetes
mellitus. In Hong Kong, more that 400 new patients each year need dialysis
treatment because of diabetic nephropathy. With modern management, it
can be prevented or the progression of the disease delayed. The diabetic
nephropathy club is part of the HKMA Community Network Diabetic Program
of the YMT and Kwun Tong area. It is open to all doctors, nurses and members
of the allied health interested in the management of diabetic nephropathy.
Aim of the club
- To improve the treatment outcome of diabetic nephropathy through
co-operation between the primary care doctors, nephrologists, allied
health and the tertiary hospitals.
- To update the members of the recent advances in the management of
diabetic nephropathy through lectures and workshops. We shall also explore
the ways of improvement patient management through the use of computer
- To achieve early detection and treatment of diabetic nephropathy
through patient education, life style modification, detection of urine
microalbumin and medical treatment.
- To act as a venue for discussion amongst the members.
- Inauguration ceremony - 24 February 2005
The Inauguration ceremony was held on 24 February 2005 in the Sung Room,
Sheraton Towers. It was attended by over 100 doctors.
- Inauguration lecture - 24 February 2005
Strategic and Tactical Management of diabetic Nephropathy"
HO Chung Ping
- Diabetic patient meeting: Diabetic Mellitus,
what you need to know? -- 10 April, 2005
- Workshop in Diabetic Nephropathy -- July, 2005