The Diabetic Patients Meetings
The Community Network Diabetic Program realized the importance of diabetic
patient education in helping the patients to bring about life style changes.
However, a busy doctor may find it difficult to devote enough time for
this purpose. For this reason, we organized a diabetic patient education
meeting with the following targets in mind.
Aim of the meetings
- To give patients basic diabetic knowledge
- To give dietary tips for diabetic control
- To introduce the concept of exercise prescription
- To provide on site counseling on the diabetic medications the patients
- To provide body check stations such as smoking cessation, BMI measurement,
blood pressure measurement and blood sugar testing.
- Diabetic patient meeting: Diabetic Mellitus,
what you need to know? -- 10 April 2005
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Workshop
- Diabetic patient meeting: Diabetic Mellitus-Preventing
Complications -- 20 November 2005